Please be aware that the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is impacting on services within Wandsworth.
For information, please visit your
GP surgery website, or:
- NHS England: coronavirus (COVID-19) information page – containing information on symptoms, advice on self-isolating, and a link to 111’s OOH dedicated online coronavirus assessment service
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG): coronavirus advice for pregnant women
- Wandsworth Borough Council’s coronavirus information page
- GOV.UK: information on coronavirus and the situation in the UK
NHS Advice Regarding Ibuprofen:
There is currently no strong evidence that ibuprofen can make coronavirus (COVID-19) worse.
But until we have more information, take paracetamol to treat the symptoms of coronavirus, unless your doctor has told you paracetamol is not suitable for you.
If you are already taking ibuprofen or another non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) on the advice of a doctor, do not stop taking it without checking first.
Advice for clinicians can be found at:
- COVID-19: Guidance for infection prevention and control in healthcare settings – Pandemic coronavirus IPC guidance (.pdf)
- NHS England: coronavirus for health professionals – including pages for primary care, and community health, social care and ambulance services
- GOV.UK: guidance for health professionals